In this unique guide, Lee Sharpe takes you step-by-step through the different types of property development and renovation tax saving strategies.
He explains how you can avoid the most common tax traps that investors fall into and identifies ways of legitimately lowering your tax bill.
Amongst so many other things this easy to read guide will show you how to:
- Avoid property trading fines.
- Slash tax on your development and renovation projects.
- Calculate your trading profits and the taxes due.
- Benefit from the favourable company taxes.
- Accumulate income within your trading company.
- Avoid £3,000 penalties by registering for the 'Construction Industry Scheme'.
- Dramatically reduce your taxes by claiming all alowable expenses.
- Boost your profits by claiming capital allowances.
- Benefit from pseudo property dealing.
- Avoid tax when developing your own home.
- Increase the value of your own home and avoid future taxes.
- Boost your profits by claiming the Landlords Energy Saving Allowance.
- Distinguish between income and capital costs.
- Avoid tax when selling large gardens or grounds.
- Reduce tax by using 'modern materials'.
- Save tax by claiming 'Flat Conversion Allowances'.
- Finance property developments in a tax efficient way.
- Beat the taxman when investing in Furnished holiday accomodation.
- Slash your tax when investing in commercial property.
- Benefit from business taper relief when holding business assets.
- Gift assets and still benefit from taper relief.
- Avoid stamp duty when gifting property.
- Avoid being caught out by 'linked transaction' sales.
Plus much, much more….
Who is the guide for? Property Investors & Landlords - Anyone who is either just starting out in property investment or who already has a property portfolio.
- Property developers and renovators
- Buy-to-let owners and landlords
- Commercial property owners
- Accountants & Tax Specialists - This book can be invaluable to you when advising clients on property taxation matters.