Am I liable to income tax on my property income?
I live in Hong Kong, and own a property in the UK that is rented out.  The taxable profit is less than £11,000.  Does this mean I should be exempt from property income tax?

Arthur Weller replies: 
See pages RRN 4 and RRN 5. If you are eligible for a UK personal allowance, and you have no other UK income then you are correct, you will not have to pay UK income tax on this £11,000 rental income.

This question was first printed in Property Tax Insider in September 2017.

Tax Insider Lite

FREE tax strategies delivered to your inbox every month.