Try Tax Insider today and receive:
- FREE 3 Issues - The current issue and the previous two issues (Click here to see the tax strategies you'll receive).
- FREE eReport - A copy of our '27 Ways To Pay Less Tax' guide. An essential guide for every UK taxpayer.
Here are just some of the strategies our tax experts are sharing with you this month:
- Share And Share Alike With Dividends?
Chris Williams explains how to keep company dividends in the family - and out of tax trouble. Dividends are treated as if they have…
- Choose Your Accounting Date Carefully
Sarah Laing guides the self-employed through the process of choosing a suitable accounting date. Choosing the right date for an accounting year-end may help a business with…
- VAT: Disbursement Or Recharge – An Important Difference!
Andrew Needham considers the VAT treatment of disbursements, and distinguishes between disbursements and recharges.You often hear the term ‘disbursements’, but what exactly are they, and what is the correct VAT treatment?
- Succession Planning - Do You Need A ‘Corporate Will’?
Tony Granger highlights some important criteria for successful succession planning. Failure to plan properly could have dire consequences for the family business or...
- Capital Gains Tax - Watch Out For Connected Persons!
Malcolm Finney urges caution when considering connected party transactions.Capital gains tax (CGT) is a tax levied on capital gains, broadly, gains arising on a…
- What Does It Mean? Interpreting Tax Legislation
James Bailey looks at the 1978 Interpretation Act and how it can help with disputes about whether tax returns and HMRC enquiry notices were…
- They Think It’s All Over! Tax, Separation And Divorce
Sarah Bradford outlines some tax implications of separation and divorce, and some steps that can be taken to ensure that the couple does not face…
- Tax Insider: Tax Tips
- Tax Insider: Your Tax Questions Answered!